Eat The Frog And Save The Day
Do you spend your days procrastinating on important things you need to do? Are you getting bored of it? Maybe it’s time to eat that frog. In this article, we will tell you which frog we are talking about. Those with batracophobia should not be afraid, the frogs we are talking about are not that kind of frogs.
Famous American author Mark Twain said: “Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”
Inspired by this saying, ‘Eat the Frog’ is a time management, anti-procrastination method.
But how do you eat the frog?
The logic of the task is exactly as follows:
Let’s say there is a job that you have postponed for a long time but you need to do; assuming the difficulty level of this job as very high. The first thing you need to do when you wake up in the morning is to do this job… That’s how to eat the big frog early in the morning. So the rest of the day is up to you or you can deal with smaller (simple/doable) tasks thereafter.
Here are the steps in eating a frog:
- Clear your mind and make a to-do list for yourself.
- Categorize the items in this list -make a list in order of easy-medium-hard or priority.
- Set deadlines for each task
- Start from the top of the list (hardest/highest priority).
- Take a short break when you’re done, then you’re ready to eat the little frogs!
What does the Eat the Frog method do?
- It allows you to see the big picture: You have the chance to see in a bird’s eye view with a to-do list of what the day brings you.
- It helps you prioritize: It helps you decipher the hardest tasks, and helps you align with what to start your day with.
- Bonus: You’ll be doing the hardest work early in the morning, thereafter you can enjoy the rest of the day with peace of mind.
For more information about this tip, watch this: “Eat That Frog” Top Takeaways | Brian Tracy – YouTube
Do you like this method?
Stay tuned for more productivity tips!
N/B: Ready to close out the year fully prepared for 2023?
Grab your ‘Johnny on the spot’ tickets to the Women Automotive Winter Meetup now at a ridiculously discounted rate, and save yourself a few bucks later. Discount ends 31st of August.